Hillsborough County, Florida to Petition the State to Overturn Statewide BSL Prohibition
If Hillsborough County is successful in their request to overturn the statewide prohibition of breed-specific legislation in Florida the county will seek to ban “pitbull-type dogs,” Rottweilers, Dobermans, German Shepherds, and any mixes of these breeds.
Hillsborough County Animal Services will be holding four meetings and will accept suggestions for BSL alternatives. Following is the meeting information:
Hillsborough County Animal Services will be hosting a series of meetings to consider recommendations that will reduce the number and risk of dog bites to children and adults in Hillsborough County. We would value your participation. All of the meetings will be held at Animal Services.
These meetings have been scheduled for:
Friday, March 16th at 2:00 p.m.
Monday, March 19th at 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 22nd at 2:00 p.m.
Monday, March 26th at 2:00 p.m.
Meeting schedules are subject to change dependant upon the progress made.
Animal Services is located at 440 Falkenburg Road, Tampa, FL 33619 and the phone number is (813) 744-5660. A telephone conference has been set up for anyone that would like to participate but cannot physically make it to the shelter. A separate conference call is available for each of the four meetings above. The attached document details how to get connected into the call system: (813)232-3290. You will be prompted to enter the conference number shown below to gain access. No PIN numbers are required for any of these public meetings.
March 16th use 03160702
March 19th use 03190701
March 22nd use 03220701
March 26th use 03260701
Contacts about the proposal:
James Zambrosky (reporter for ABC Action New) 813-354-2828
Commissioner White (Hillsborough County) 813-272-5660
Bill Armstrong (head of Hillsborough County Animal Services) 813-744-5350
Related Posts By Category
- Florida State Representative Thurston Looks to Overturn Prohibition of BSL in 2008!
- Broward County, Florida and Hollywood, Florida, May Consider Breed-Specific Ordinance in Defiance of Statewide Prohibition of BSL
- Florida’s HB 101 Would Repeal Prohibition of Breed-Specific Legislation Statewide!!
- Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania Mayor May Petition State Legislature to Enact BSL on State Level
- Dangerous Dog Bill Introduced in Minnesota Could Overturn State Prohibition of Breed-Specific Legislation