Florida’s HB 101 Would Repeal Prohibition of Breed-Specific Legislation Statewide!!
The bill reads,
“An act relating to dangerous dogs; amending s. 767.14, F.S.; eliminating the prohibition of breed specific local government regulation of dangerous dogs; providing an effective date.”
Read the bill in its entirety here (requires a PDF reader).
If you live in Florida, please contact your representative and tell them you oppose this bill. Please also contact the bill’s sponsor, Rep. Perry E. Thurston, at the following addresses and politely inform him that breed-specific legislation in any form is ineffective and unenforceable.
1401 The Capitol
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
Phone: (850) 488-1084
603 NW 7th Terrace
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311-7310
Phone: (954) 762-3746
Related Posts By Category
- Florida State Representative Thurston Looks to Overturn Prohibition of BSL in 2008!
- Broward County, Florida and Hollywood, Florida, May Consider Breed-Specific Ordinance in Defiance of Statewide Prohibition of BSL
- NJ State Senator “Sonny” McCullough Wants “Pit Bulls” Muzzled in Public Despite NJ’s Prohibition of Breed-Specific Legislation
- Dangerous Dog Bill Introduced in Minnesota Could Overturn State Prohibition of Breed-Specific Legislation
- Montana Breed-Specific Legislation to be Considered Thursday, Jan 22