South Sioux City, Nebraska May Consider Breed Ban
From KTIV Channel 4 News:
“…After a six year old boy was mauled by three pit bulls last month, officials want to toughen up it’s pet policy.
…Right now, the city takes action after a dog has bitten, or attempted to bite, someone. City Administrator Lance Hedquist decides if the owner will have to cage in their pet or if it’ll be euthanized.
City leaders now want to tighten up their pet ordinance… to prevent another tragedy from happening. One idea…. not to allow certain breeds of dogs within city within.”
Lance Hedquist, City Manager, says “Pit bulls come up a lot. And should we ban all pit bulls from the city. And that’s an option they have.”
Council member Merrill Hale doesn’t support a breed based ordinance. He’d rather put a leash on pet owners.
Merrill Hale, South Sioux City Council Member, says ‘It’s not the dog. It’s the owner’.”
Please send your polite and respectful letters to the members of the South Sioux City City Council and tell them breed bans are ineffective and unenforceable:
1615 1st Ave.
South Sioux City, NE 68776
Mayor Bob Giese: email@example.com
Council President, Sandra Inkster-Ehrich: firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Bengston: email@example.com
Jason Bowman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Nelson: email@example.com
Merril Hale: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Hallstrom: email@example.com
John Sanders: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oscar Gomez: email@example.com
Related Posts By Category
- Huh??? Sioux City May Make Changes to Its Failing Animal Control Ordinance, Yet Keep It Breed-Specific…???…
- Sioux City, Iowa Bungles It Again
- Aberdeen, South Dakota May Consider “Pit Bull” Ban
- Lincoln, Nebraska May Consider Breed-Specific Ordinance for “Pit Bulls”
- Sioux City, Iowa Animal Control “Accidentally” Euthanized Couple’s “Pit Bulls” After Ban Goes into Effect