Kinder, Louisiana Considers “Pit Bull” Ban
From KATC Channel 3 in Louisiana:
“Police Chief Gary Pelican has asked the town council to consider a ban on pit pulls after several incidents involving the dogs, including one in which a police officer shot one that attacked him.
…One pit bull owner, who strongly opposes the ban and vowed to fight to save her pets, argued after the meeting that it is not the animals themselves but their owners who are to blame because of the way they train and treat the dogs.
Pelican agreed, saying there are some good pit bulls. But most are used for fighting and to protect drug dealers, he said.”
Read this article in its entirety here.
Please write the Kinder, Louisiana mayor and politely inform them that breed-specific legislation in any form is ineffective and unenforceable. An enforced leash law and a non-breed-specific dog law are more than adequate to police irresponsible dog owners of any breed:
Mayor Estes LaDoux
P.O. Drawer AH
Kinder, LA 70648
Fax: (337) 738-5681
Related Posts By Category
- Kinder, Louisiana, and Allen Parish, Louisiana Consider “Pit Bull” Bans and/or Restrictions
- Welsh, Louisiana Considers Adding More “Vicious” Breeds (Including Dobermans) to Pre-Existing “Pit Bull” Ban
- Parachute, Colorado Considers “Pit Bull” Ban
- Mosinee, Wisconsin Considers “Pit Bull” Ban
- Madison, Mississippi Considers “Pit Bull” Ban