Tennessee Breed Specific Legislation Introduced
From the AKC:
Tennessee Senator Tommy Kilby of Wartburg has introduced Senate Bill 2738. If adopted, this bill will make it a crime to own a “pit bull dog” in the state of Tennessee. It is imperative that all Tennessee concerned dog owners voice their strong opposition to this wrongheaded legislation…
SB 2738 proposes to:
- Make it a crime for any person to knowingly own a “pit bull dog” in Tennessee.
- Define “pit bull dog” as any American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American bulldog, or American Staffordshire Terrier, or any mixed breed dog that contains fifty percent of its lineage from those breeds.
- Force any person found guilty of owning a “pit bull dog” to surrender custody and forfeit ownership of the dog to a humane society.
Related Posts By Category
- Statewide “Pit Bull” Ban in the Works for Tennessee
- Draconian Ohio Breed-Specific Bill Introduced
- Dangerous Dog Bill Introduced in Minnesota Could Overturn State Prohibition of Breed-Specific Legislation
- Oklahoma’s SB 362 Would Allow Breed-Specific Legislation in the State of Oklahoma
- Montana Breed-Specific Legislation to be Considered Thursday, Jan 22