Mosinee, Wisconsin Considers “Pit Bull” Ban
From the Wausau Daily Herald:“Pit bulls and any mixed breed dog that contains a portion of pit bull could be banned by the Mosinee City Council tonight.
City staff members have revised the city’s animal ordinance to include the prohibition of any pit bull terrier, including American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier or pit bull mix.
…The proposed ordinance allows existing pit bulls to remain in the city as long as they are licensed and the owners follow specific conditions that include providing a color photograph of the dog to the city clerk and providing proof of liability insurance of at least $100,000.”
Read this article in its entirety here.
Please contact the Mosinee City Council and politely inform them that BSL is ineffective and unenforceable. An enforced leash law and a non-breed-specific dog law are more than adequate to police irresponsible dog owners of any breed.
Related Posts By Category
- Bloomer, Wisconsin Repeals Pit Bull Ban, Passes Pit Bull Restrictions
- Marshfield, Wisconsin to Consider “Pit Bull” Ban
- Waunakee, Wisconsin to Review “Pit Bull” Ban in Light of Legal Challenge
- Brookside, Alabama Considers Restrictions for “Pit Bulls”
- Oshkosh, Wisconsin Considers Breed-Specific Mandatory Spay/Neuter Ordinance for “Pit Bulls” and Other “Breeds”