Kinston, North Carolina Considers “Pit Bull” Ban/Restrictions
“Kinston officials are drafting an ordinance from the mold of many communities around the nation that have passed laws restricting or banning pit bull ownership.
…The ordinance, which [Public Safety Director Greg] Smith plans to present to council members during their May 19 work session, includes a number of measures, including restricting the number of pit bulls per house, requiring owners to register their existing pit bulls, and keeping any more of the breed out of Kinston.”
Please contact the Kinston City Council and inform them that breed bans/restrictions are unenforceable and ineffective.
Related Posts By Category
- Bloomer, Wisconsin Repeals Pit Bull Ban, Passes Pit Bull Restrictions
- Shelby, North Carolina to Consider Breed-Specific Restrictions for “Pit Bulls”
- Lakewood, Ohio Considers “Pit Bull” Ban
- Castalia, Iowa Considers a Breed Ban for “Pit Bulls” and Breed Restrictions for ONE “Pit Bull”
- Hannibal, MO May Consider “Pit Bull” Ban or Restrictions