Leola, South Dakota Bans Several Breeds and “Pit Bulls”
From KX News:
“Leola voters have approved the city council’s decision making it illegal to possess pit bulls, bull mastiffs, Rottweilers, Doberman pinchers and German shepherds.
…Not only is it illegal to possess the breeds. It’s also illegal to have crossbreeds of them.
The new city ordinance also limits to two the number of any breed of dogs anyone can possess.
It has an exception for people who raise and sell dogs. Also, the banned breeds are allowed if they help or are being trained to help people with disabilities.”
Please send your polite opposition letters explaining why breed bans are ineffective and unenforceable:
Leola City Hall
Attn: City Council Members
P.O. Box 108
Leola, South Dakota 57456
Related Posts By Category
- Sturgis, South Dakota May Consider Breed-Specific Ordinance for “Pit Bulls”
- Aberdeen, South Dakota May Consider “Pit Bull” Ban
- Other Dog Breeds More Likely to Attack Than “Pit Bulls”
- Well what do you know? Breed bans not only increase ownership of banned breeds but increase ownership of banned breeds by criminals and animal abusers!
- Breckenridge, Colorado May Consider Breed-Specific Law for Pit Bulls, Other Breeds