Pottawatomie County, Kansas Considers Banning “Pit Bulls,” Dobermans, and Rottweilers
From The Mercury:
“Pottawatomie County Commissioners last Thursday indicated a desire to put some legal teeth into preventing attacks by vicious dogs.
Commissioners asked county counselor Gary Conklin to obtain sample ordinances from other municipalities that prohibit harboring breeds with a history or propensity for viciousness — specifically pit bulls, Dobermans and Rottweilers.”
Please contact the Pottawatomie County County Commission and politely inform them that breed bans are unenforceable and ineffective.
Related Posts By Category
- One Village Trustee in Rantoul, Illinois Proposes Pet Limits and the Banning of “Pit Bulls,” Rottweilers, and Dobermans
- Logan, Iowa Considers Banning “Pit Bulls” without a Grandfather Clause
- Manderson, Wyoming Looks to Add Rottweilers, Dobermans to Existing Pit Bull Ban
- Livingston County, Kentucky to Pursue Breed-Specific Ordinance Regulating “Pit Bulls,” Rottweilers, Bull Terriers, and American Staffordshire Terriers in July
- Thomas County, Georgia May Consider Breed Ban for “Pit Bulls”