Malvern, Arkansas Considers Banning “Pit Bulls”
“A public hearing was held Aug. 11 at the City Hall Courtroom to discuss the proposed banning of pit bulldogs from the Malvern city limits. The hearing was called to order by Mayor Steve Northcutt. Concerned citizens had five minutes to discuss the ordinance.
…Gay Birch stated, ‘We can pass all the laws we want but they need to be enforced. We need to enforce the ones that we already have and maybe we won’t need the new one.’
Northcutt and Donnie Taber, Malvern Police Chief, stated that a new Animal Control Officer had just been hired. Taber said he felt that the new officer would do a good job for the city. Taber also spoke about the current leash law that the city has and said that the officers couldn’t be out there looking for dogs without their leashes and their owners all the time, but that they did their best. Taber stressed the importance of notifying the police when a person sees a dog loose.”
Read this article in its entirety here.
Please contact Malvern city officials at the following addresses and politely inform them that breed bans and breed restrictions are ineffective and unenforceable:
Mayor Stephen Northcutt
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence for the Malvern City Council can be sent to the city clerk with the request to forward it on to the city council:
Related Posts By Category
- Logan, Iowa Considers Banning “Pit Bulls” without a Grandfather Clause
- Allen Park, Michigan Considers Banning “Pit Bulls”
- Osceola, Nebraska Considers Banning Eight Breeds of Dog Including American Pit Bull Terriers
- Sioux City, Iowa Considers Banning “Pit Bulls”…Again
- Reading, Ohio City Council Considers Banning “Vicious” Dogs Including “Pit Bulls”