Streator, Illinois Repeals “Pit Bull” Ban
Pit bulls will no longer be singled out by the animal control ordinance, the City Council decided in a unanimous vote Wednesday.
The old ordinance was drawn up several years ago to combat reports of the breed attacking people. State law now prohibits breed-specific ordinances, City Attorney Steve Myers told the council.
The new ordinance allows the city to take action against any vicious dog, as long as there are several complaints and they are documented, Myers told the council…
Related Posts By Category
- Bloomer, Wisconsin Repeals Pit Bull Ban, Passes Pit Bull Restrictions
- Elgin, Illinois to Consider “Pit Bull” Ban Yet Again
- Welsh, Louisiana Repeals “Pit Bull” Ban; BSL Unfair
- Bloomer, Wisconsin Repeals Portion of Breed-Specific Law for “Pit Bulls”
- Oklahoma State Supreme Court overturns Midwest City, Oklahoma’s “Pit Bull” ban