Sylvan Lake, Michigan Passes “Pit Bull” Ban
From Fox Detroit:
Sylvan Lake has become the latest community to ban pit bulls. The new law also puts restrictions on residents who already own pit bulls.
…Under the new ordinance, new pit bulls are banned. Existing pit bulls are grandfathered in, but starting October first, yet to be determined restrictions will be in effect for those animals.
Please contact the Sylvan Lake Mayor and City Council here and politely inform them that breed-specific legislation is internationally known to be unenforceable, ineffective, and, in the United States, unconstitutional.
Related Posts By Category
- Saginaw, Michigan to Consider Possible “Pit Bull” and Rottweiler Ban
- Bloomer, Wisconsin Repeals Pit Bull Ban, Passes Pit Bull Restrictions
- Dearborn Heights, Michigan to Consider Breed Ban for “Pit Bulls”
- Dover, Arkansas “Pit Bull” “Breeds” Ban Passes First Reading
- Dover, Arkansas Inexplicably Passes Antiquated “Pit Bull” Ban