Fairfield, Maine Grandmother Credits “Pit Bull” for Rescue from Strangulation
From the Maine Morning Sentinel:
A woman accused of trying to strangle her 79-year-old mother with a rope this week has a history of mental health problems, illegal gun possession and violent behavior.
Fairfield police arrested Bonny Lou Buzzell, 48, and charged her with aggravated assault and assault Monday. She is in Somerset County Jail.
Buzzell’s mother, Viola Hutchins, 79, of Hutchins Road, said her life was saved when her pit bull, Kaiser, fended off the alleged attack, which police said involved a rope noose.
…Hutchins said she was too upset to talk about the details of the incident, but she credits Kaiser, a dog which she nursed back to health from near-starvation when she took it in, with saving her life.
Another bulldog hero.
Related Posts By Category
- New Jersey “Pit Bull” Finds Alzheimer’s Patient Lost in the Woods
- Minneapolis: Only Days after Being Adopted “Pit Bull” Saves Child from Low Blood Sugar
- South Dakota “pit bull” protects wayward toddler; that’s why they call them the ‘Nanny Dog’
- “Pit Bull” Refuses to Leave the Side of Owner Who Fell from Arizona Bridge
- Virginia “Pit Bull” Takes Bullet for Owner during Burglary; Loses Leg