Virginia “Pit Bull” Takes Bullet for Owner during Burglary; Loses Leg
Now these are the dogs we know and love. Last month, a “pit bull” girl named “Lefty” (Aww, look at that sweet, pink face!) came to the aid of her owner in Painter, Virginia, when he was assaulted just outside of his home and forced into his home at gunpoint while four masked men robbed him. What the intruders didn’t count on was the man’s “pit bull” who immediately discerned that her owner was in trouble and leapt to his aid. Unfortunately, when Lefty took the shotgun blast intended for her owner, it so badly shredded her front leg that the leg had to be removed.
Now consider if there had been a “pit bull” ban in Painter. Lefty’s owner would be dead, and most likely so would Lefty. Now that would be the true loss.
[Photo courtesy of DelawareBeaches.com]
Related Posts By Category
- Owner of Injured Cat Seeks to Ban “Pit Bulls” in Conway, Arkansas
- Wauconda, IL “Pit Bull” Kills Shih Tzu. Result? Two Dog Victims
- Yes Virginia, PETA Does Support “Pit Bull” Bans
- Pawtucket, Rhode Island Defiant in Maintaining BSL; “Pit Bull” Owner Plans to Sue
- Bluefield, West Virginia Mayor May Be Out Because of “Pit Bull” Ban