Welsh, Louisiana Repeals “Pit Bull” Ban; BSL Unfair
Citing a need to treat all dogs of any breed equally, Welsh, Louisiana has repealed their 11-year-old “pit bull” ban. Perhaps readers will remember that in 2008, Welsh sought to add additional so-called “vicious” breeds to their 2002 “pit bull” ban. Welsh has now opted instead to replace the “pit bull” ban with a revision to the ordinance that focuses on a dog’s actions, not its breed. Going forward,owning a dog deemed dangerous or vicious will be prohibited in Welsh.
Related Posts By Category
- Welsh, Louisiana Considers Adding More “Vicious” Breeds (Including Dobermans) to Pre-Existing “Pit Bull” Ban
- Kinder, Louisiana Considers “Pit Bull” Ban
- Watertown, Wisconsin Inflexible on “Pit Bull” Ban; Resident Gets Frosty Reception
- Bloomer, Wisconsin Repeals Pit Bull Ban, Passes Pit Bull Restrictions
- Yakima, Washington to Discuss Possible Pit Bull Ban Repeal Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013