Are They Joking? Elgin Says They Will “Compromise” on Their Pit Bull Restrictions
Another great post from WLS ‘Pet World’ host Steve Dale:
Are They Joking? Elgin Says They Will Compromise on Their Pit Bull Restrictions
When the wording of the “compromise” began all Pit Bulls will continue to be deemed dangerous, I knew this wasn’t a compromise at all.
As it stood previously Elgin, IL public officials wanted to restrict Pit Bulls – for starters – by instantly deeming each one dangerous (without temperament testing) and mandating $500,000 of insurance. The compromise is changing that to $100,000 in insurance.
Why would any insurance carrier take you on if you have a dog that’s being called dangerous (even if the dog isn’t in actually a danger)?
And if you somehow could find coverage, even at $100,000 of coverage for a dangerous dog, that’s a very expensive proposition to pay for. Another compromise, is lowering the mandatory fencing for yards where there is a Pit Bull from 6-feet to 4-feet high. But what if the subdivision where you live doesn’t allow any fencing?
Definition of the word compromise: a middle way between two extremes) (n) an accommodation in which both sides make concessions
Read the rest of this post here.
Related Posts By Category
- Another Apt Blog Post from ‘Pet World’ Host Steve Dale about Elgin, Illinois’ Proposed “Pit Bull” Restrictions
- Q&A Regarding Elgin, Illinois’ Proposed Breed-Specific Ordinance
- WLS Chicago’s Steve Dale Denounces Elgin, Illinois Breed-Specific Ordinance
- Compromise Schmompromise!
- Short but Sweet. Are You Listening Elgin City Council???